Terms Of Service
1. ACCOUNT TERMS
1. You must be 18 years or older or at least the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you reside or from which you use this Service.
2. To access and use the Services, you must register for a Services account (“Account”) by providing your full legal name, country of residence, phone number, valid email address, and any other information indicated as required. MEKONGLINK may reject your application for an Account, or cancel an existing Account, for any reason, in our sole discretion.
3. You acknowledge that MEKONGLINK will use the email address you provide as the primary method for communication.
4. You are responsible for keeping your MEKONGLINK password secure, which is your means of entering the MEKONGLINK Services. MEKONGLINK cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to maintain the security of your account and password.
5. A breach or violation of any term in the Terms of Service as determined in the sole discretion of MEKONGLINK will result in an immediate termination of your services.
Don’t use MEKONGLINK for anything illegal or transmit any harmful code. Remember that with any violation of these terms we will cancel your service.
If we need to reach you, we will send you an email.
2. ACCOUNT ACTIVATION
1. The person signing up for the Service will be the contracting party (“Account Owner”) for the purposes of our Terms of Service and will be the person who is authorized to use any corresponding account we may provide to the Account Owner in connection with the Service.
2. If you are signing up for the Service on behalf of your employer, your employer shall be the Account Owner. If you are signing up for the Service on behalf of your employer, then you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind your employer to our Terms of Service.
3. If you do not wish to continue using the Service, it is your responsibility to contact MEKONGLINK to cancel the Service.
3. GENERAL CONDITIONS
1. Technical support is only provided to paid members and.
2. The Terms of Service shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Vietnam nation, without regard to principles of conflicts of laws. The parties irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Vietnam with respect to any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Terms of Service. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not apply to these Terms of Service and is hereby expressly excluded.
3. You acknowledge and agree that MEKONGLINK may amend these Terms of Service at any time by posting the relevant amended and restated Terms of Service on the MEKONGLINK Terms of Service website, available at https://mekonglink.net/terms-of-service and such amendments to the Terms of Service are effective as of the date of posting. Your continued use of the Services after the amended Terms of Service are posted to the MEKONGLINK website constitutes your agreement to, and acceptance of, the amended Terms of Service. If you do not agree to any changes to the Terms of Service, do not continue to use the Service.
4. You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws) as well as the laws of the Vietnam nation.
5. The Service in some cases provides “API Credentials” (the secret key and access token that allow you to make authenticated requests to the Service API). You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs using your API Credentials and for keeping your API Credentials secure.
6. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by MEKONGLINK.
7. You shall not purchase search engine or other pay per click keywords (such as Google AdWords), or domain names that use MEKONGLINK name and/or variations and misspellings thereof.
8. Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to MEKONGLINK directly via mail or message box.
9. You understand that your Materials (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit Card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
The MEKONGLINK Service belongs to us. You are not allowed to rip it off or use it for any illegal or sketchy purpose.
Your Materials may be transferred unencrypted and may be altered, but credit card information is always encrypted.
4. MEKONGLINK RIGHTS
1. We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Service for any reason, with notice and precautions.
2. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
3. We may, but have no obligation to, remove Materials and Accounts containing content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
4. Verbal or written abuse of any kind (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any MEKONGLINK customer, MEKONGLINK employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
5. MEKONGLINK does not pre-screen Materials and it is in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Materials that is available via the Service.
6. We reserve the right to provide our services to your competitors and make no promise of exclusivity in any particular market segment. You further acknowledge and agree that MEKONGLINK employees and contractors may also be MEKONGLINK customers/merchants and that they may compete with you, although they may not use your confidential information in doing so.
7. In the event of a dispute regarding account ownership, we reserve the right to request documentation to determine or confirm account ownership. Documentation may include, but is not limited to, a scanned copy of your business license, government issued photo ID, the last four digits of the credit card on file, etc.
8. MEKONGLINK retains the right to determine, in our sole judgment, rightful account ownership and transfer an account to the rightful owner. If we are unable to reasonably determine the rightful account owner, MEKONGLINK reserves the right to temporarily disable an account until resolution has been determined between the disputing parties.
We can modify, cancel or refuse the service at anytime.
In the event of an ownership dispute over a MEKONGLINK account, we can freeze the account or transfer it to the rightful owner.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
1. You expressly understand and agree that MEKONGLINK shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting from the use of or inability to use the service.
2. In no event shall MEKONGLINK or our suppliers be liable for lost profits or any special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with our site, our services or this agreement (however arising including negligence). You agree to indemnify and hold us and (as applicable) our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, MEKONGLINK partners, officers, directors, agents, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
3. Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an as is and as available basis without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory.
4. MEKONGLINK does not warrant that the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free.
5. MEKONGLINK does not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service will be accurate or reliable.
6. MEKONGLINK does not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Service will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected.
We are not responsible if you break the law, breach this agreement or go against the rights of a third party, especially if you get sued.
Service is as is so it may have errors or interruptions and we provide no warranties.
6. WAIVER AND COMPLETE AGREEMENT
The failure of MEKONGLINK to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and MEKONGLINK and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and MEKONGLINK (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
If MEKONGLINK chooses not to enforce any of these provisions at any time, it does not mean that they give up that right later.
These terms of service make up the agreement that applies to you. This means that any previous agreements between you and MEKONGLINK don’t apply if they conflict with these terms.
7. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND CUSTOMER CONTENT
1. We do not claim any intellectual property rights over the Materials you provide to the Service. All Materials you upload remains yours. You can remove your Services store at any time by deleting your Account.
2. By uploading Materials, you agree: (a) to allow MEKONGLINK to view your Materials; (b) to allow MEKONGLINK to store your Materials; and (c) that MEKONGLINK can, at any time, review all the Materials submitted by you to its Service.
3. You retain ownership over all Materials that you upload to a Services store. You are responsible for compliance of Materials with any applicable laws or regulations.
4. We will not disclose your confidential information to third parties, except as required in the course of providing our services. Confidential information includes any Materials or information provided by you to us which is not publicly known. Confidential information does not include information that: (a) was in the public domain at the time we received it; (b) comes into the public domain after we received it through no fault of ours; (c) we received from someone other than you without breach of our or their confidentiality obligations; or (d) we are required by law to disclose.
5. MEKONGLINK shall have the non-exclusive right and license to use the names, trademarks, service marks and logos associated with your store to promote the Service.
Anything you upload remains yours and your responsibility.
8. PAYMENT FEES
1. A valid credit card is required for accounts able to process orders using a live payment gateway. Accounts used for development purposes (unable to process orders using a live payment gateway) do not require a valid credit card.
2. The service will be billed in 30 day intervals (including your base fee and percentage of goods fee). When your billing period is over the Account Owner will be sent an invoice via the email provided. As well, an invoice will appear on the account page of your MEKONGLINK administration console. Users have approximately two weeks to bring up and settle any issues with the billing.
3. All fees are exclusive of applicable federal, provincial, state, local or other governmental sales, goods and services, harmonized or other taxes, fees or charges now in force or enacted in the future (Taxes).
4. If you are resident in the U.S. or the EU, Taxes may apply to your subscription to or purchase of some or all of MEKONGLINK’s products and services, including without limitation, your subscription to or purchase of MEKONGLINK’s ecommerce services, point-of-sale services, point-of-sale equipment, apps, Themes and domains (Taxable Offerings). Any applicable Taxes are based on the rates applicable to the U.S. or the EU billing address you provide to us, and will be calculated at the time of purchase of the applicable Taxable Offerings. Such amounts are in addition to fees for the Taxable Offerings and will be billed to the credit card you use to pay for the Taxable Offerings. If you are exempt from payment of such Taxes, you must provide us with an original certificate that satisfies applicable legal requirements attesting to tax-exempt status. Tax exemption will only apply from and after the date we receive such a certificate.
5. The statement should also include your complete home and/or business location address. If you do not provide such information, you will be charged for Taxes applicable to your subscription to or purchase of MEKONGLINK’s products and services, which will be billed to your credit card until after such time that you provide us with the information described above. To the extent that you are an individual and not a corporation or other legal entity.
For live payment gateways, a valid credit card is required. You will be charged every 30 days your base fee and percentage fee. Tax is not included and will be billed to your credit card
9. CANCELLATION AND TERMINATION
1. You may cancel your account at anytime by emailing us and then following the specific instructions indicated to you in MEKONGLINK’s response.
2. Upon termination of the Services by either party for any reason:
- MEKONGLINK will cease providing you with the Services and you will no longer be able to access your Account;
- Unless otherwise provided in the Terms of Service, you will not be entitled to any refunds of any Fees, pro rata or otherwise;
- Any outstanding balance owed to MEKONGLINK for your use of the Services through the effective date of such termination will immediately become due and payable in full; and
- Your Materials store will be taken offline.
3. If you cancel the Service in the middle of the month, you will receive one final invoice via email. Once that invoice has been paid you will not be charged again.
4. We reserve the right to modify or terminate the MEKONGLINK service for any reason, without notice at any time.
5. Fraud: Without limiting any other remedies, MEKONGLINK may suspend or terminate your account if we suspect that you (by conviction, settlement, insurance or escrow investigation, or otherwise) have engaged in fraudulent activity in connection with the Site.
To initiate a cancellation, email us. MEKONGLINK will respond with specific information regarding the cancellation process for your account. Once cancellation is confirmed, all your content will be permanently deleted, and domains purchased through MEKONGLINK will no longer be automatically renewed. If you cancel in the middle of the month, you’ll have one last email invoice.
We may change or cancel your account at any time. Any fraud and we will suspend or cancel your account.
10. MODIFICATION TO THE SERVICES AND PRICES
1. Prices for using MEKONGLINK are subject to change at any time and without notice from MEKONGLINK.
2. MEKONGLINK reserves the right at any time to time to modify or discontinue, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
3. MEKONGLINK shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
We may change or discontinue the service at anytime, without liability.
MEKONGLINK’s Payments Service does not handle “Card Data” (defined as a cardholder’s account number, expiration date and CVV2) as we do NOT receive or store card holder data. We provide a checkout page which sends “Card Data” to your merchant processor directly at time of checkout processing. We then receive a token which represents the Card Data but does not contain the Primary Account Number. We use this token to perform charge processing, and never receive, store, or use Card Data to perform processing.
12. OPTIONAL TOOLS
1. MEKONGLINK may provide you with access to third party tools over which MEKONGLINK neither monitors nor has any control or input.
2. You acknowledge and agree that MEKONGLINK provides access to such tools as is without any warranties, representations or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement. MEKONGLINK shall have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of optional third party tools.
3. Any use by you of optional tools offered through the site is entirely at your own risk and discretion and you should ensure that you are familiar with and approve the terms on which tools are provided by the relevant third party provider(s).
4. MEKONGLINK strongly recommends that merchants seek specialist advice before using or relying on certain tools. In particular, tax calculators should be used for reference only and not as a substitute for independent tax advice when assessing the correct tax rates merchants should charge end users.
We are not responsible for third party tools so use them at your own risk. If you use them you agree that we do not provide a warranty, so get advice beforehand.
13. LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY
MEKONGLINK assumes no responsibility nor warranty regarding meeting applicable disclosure requirements in your customer communications and notifications, including but not limited to state and federal requirements. You are solely responsible for keeping such disclosure requirements in compliance with applicable authorities.
Make sure you provide in relevant email notifications the necessary subscription related disclosures for state and other authorities that require them.
14. PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION
Additionally, if: (a) you are established in the European Economic Area (EEA); (b) you provide goods or services to customers in the EEA; or (c) you are otherwise subject to the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, MEKONGLINK’s collection and use of personal information of any European residents is also subject to our Data Processing Addendum